- This event has passed.
Climate Conversations: talking with friends, family and passers-by about the climate crisis
February 15 @ 10:30 am - 1:15 pm
This workshop is for anyone who wants to build their confidence having difficult conversations about climate change. It can be hard to talk about the climate crisis, yet many of us need to do so—to share, prepare, think and feel about it. It’s harder when others don’t feel the same, and sometimes we can feel very alone.
So we are pleased to offer this workshop to give you an opportunity to talk with others about your own climate crisis thoughts and concerns, and how you might have better conversations with the people in your life. We’ll explore:
• Why climate conversations can be hard to have
• Levels of conversation—from shallow to shift
• Why people become defensive and how to respond
• How empathy and listening skills can help
• Finding support so you can talk as well as listen.
It’s free to attend. Donations towards expenses welcomed.
Wantage. See Eventbrite