- This event has passed.
Family bike ride in support of the Global Climate Strike
September 20 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Oxford Extinction Rebellion are joining forces with Parents for Future in a mass family bike ride to show support for the Global Climate Strike.
We will be setting off around 5.00pm from several locations around Oxford and then cycling into the city centre, converging on Radcliffe Square at 6pm to sing a couple of songs and hopefully encircle the Radcliffe Camera. After this we will cycle a short loop of the city centre as one big group before going our separate ways.
Please note that this is not a supervised or stewarded event, and everyone is responsible for their own and their children’s safety. The final decision about the route to take will be made collectively at each starting point, taking into account the needs of the riders, and the ride will be at children’s pace so no-one is left behind.
We will have a small number of customised Hi Vis vests and lots of bike flags to lend out. Please bring your own decorations and messaging too.
There will be 5 routes into Oxford, as follows:
- West Oxford:
- Leave Eynsham, Red Lion Square 4:55pm,
- Fogwell Road, recreation ground entrance 5:20pm,
- Seacourt Inn pub. Botley 5:30pm,
- arrive Radcliffe Square, Oxford 5:50pm.
- South / East Oxford:
- Leave Sea Scouts (Meadow Lane) 5.30pm,
- possible earlier start from Oxford Business Park to join this route.
- Leave Bury Knowle Park entrance 5.10pm,
- JR / Manor Surgery Green off Osler Road at 5.20pm,
- Pullens / Jack Straw Lane off Headley Way at 5.40pm.
- North Oxford:
- Leave car park / garage area behind BBC Oxford at 5.30 pm.
- Setting off at 5.30pm from the New Marston Croft Road recreation ground.
Venue accessibility information
All venues are on the street