- This event has passed.
Non-Violent Direct Action Training
11th July 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Extinction Rebellion is a peaceful movement addressing the climate crisis through non violent direct action (NVDA).
This training will cover the practice of non-violent techniques, including:
- the background and rationale behind non-violent direct action
- the relationship between NVDA and the law, and resources to find out more and decide your level of action
- how affinity groups take action together
- passive resistance and practical exercises
- protecting against burnout in actions, and regenerative actions
Parts of this training will be active – please wear comfortable clothes! And let us know if you have any access or participation issues that we can be aware of, to help you participate fully. The venue is wheelchair accessible, with accessible toilet facilities.
The training takes 3 hours, and there will be a break in the middle, but please feel free to bring snacks.
Since the Summer Uprising (aka Project Mushroom) is coming up on 15th July, we are holding some tickets for those who plan on attending, since they will be in most urgent need of training. We’d ask that those who feel they can wait for training look out for some of our upcoming NVDA trainings in August.
Please book a place if you want to attend (venue details on booking site).