- This event has passed.
XR Oxford Non-Violent Direct Action Training
21st August 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Get prepared to take part in non-violent direct actions with Extinction Rebellion!
XR Oxford is offering free NVDA training for all those interested in getting involved in our direct actions.
30 spaces available and booking essential via Eventbrite (link below).
Information about the Training:
Extinction Rebellion is a peaceful movement addressing the climate crisis through non violent direct action (NVDA).
This training will cover the practice of non-violent techniques, including:
– the background and rationale behind non-violent direct action
– the relationship between NVDA and the law, and resources to find out more and decide your level of action
– how affinity groups take action together
– passive resistance and practical exercises
– protecting against burnout in actions, and regenerative actions
Parts of this training will be active – please wear comfortable clothes! And let us know if you have any access or participation issues that we can be aware of, to help you participate fully. The venue is wheelchair accessible and has accessible toilet facilities.
The training takes 3 hours, and there will be a break in the middle, so please bring your own water and snacks if required.
We will ask for contributions on the night, from anyone who feels able to, towards the cost of the venue hire. Please bring some change if you can.